Unit 6: The Secrets to Creating a Stress-Free Play Rotation
Have you ever Googled activities to do with your baby and gotten a huge list of activities that looked fun, but instantly made you feel overwhelmed?
This unit shares dispels the myth that these activities should be your primary focus and shares 5 ways to create a stress-free play routine.
IMPLEMENT THESE 5 TIPS TO BEGIN CREATING A STRESS-FREE PLAY ROUTINE:
1. Don’t worry about milestone development or educational play.
2. Make play as simple as you want.
3. Lean into your baby’s personality.
4. Take play outside when you can.
5. Find play all around you.
Embrace each of these to for a stress-free playtime routine you look forward to just as much as your baby.
ASSIGNMENT: REFLECT ANY STRESSORS IN YOUR CURRENT PLAY ROUTINE
While you’re reflecting, ask yourself:
1. Is there anything in your daily routine or any previous thoughts about play that are adding unnecessary stress or overwhelm?
2. Which of the tips from today do you think will make the biggest impact on your play routine and how can you begin implementing these?
After you finish, send me a quick email with your responses and any questions you have on this.
COMING NEXT: FINDING PLAY ALL AROUND YOU AND WEAVING PLAY THROUGHOUT YOUR ENTIRE DAY
Have a question for our next Group Coaching Call? Submit your question here.